Content Marketing and Social Media Intern in Minneapolis
Why You’ll Love Working Here
Working at Simply Searched gives you a chance to hone your skills in an open, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment where you have the ability to shape what you learn and the experience you have. We believe in pushing past your comfort zone to learn and grow, but we do so in the comfort of our own homes, or in your case dorm room.
We are a technological melting pot comprised of marketers, mathematicians, designers, and developers who believe in and cherish an internet that provides an opportunity for every business to succeed, regardless of size. Thus, we want to provide small business owners with access to enterprise quality websites and digital marketing strategies that level the online playing field for businesses small and large.
We are looking for a self-starter who loves to investigate and inform the world on what the next ‘big thing’ is. You’re browsing for a content and social strategy internship so you’re undoubtedly outgoing, articulate, and well-versed in digital marketing principles so we won’t list those as requirements. In this role you will be the lead Content Marketing and Social Strategist and have a great opportunity to develop as a professional content writer/social media strategist in a fun, fast-paced learning environment.
Fun Things You Will Be Doing on the Job
- Draft, edit, and proofread copy for Simply Searched marketing and sales initiatives, collaborating with designers to complete most projects
- Work with other members of the marketing team to ensure all content uses a consistent tone and voice
- Actively participate in content marketing and social strategy meetings and monitor and respond on social media channels
- Create and edit web pages, and write and publish blog content using a WordPress Content Management System
- Research, create, and maintain lists of industry experts and hashtags
Skills that Would Make You Well Suited for the Job
- Proficient in Adobe CC or other image and video editing software
- Ability to communicate persuasively through effective writing and visual design
- Background in content writing and social publishing
- Ability to quickly learn new software and stay up-to-date on latest changes in social technologies
- Must present a portfolio of content writing and social publishing (please include links to social profiles, blogs, or YouTube channels in resume.
Things that Would Make You an Even More Amazing Candidate
- Passion for digital marketing and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Knowledge of using analytics to ideate on content creation
- Video editing and production skills
- Desire to always be learning and improving
This is your time to shine so don’t be afraid to tell us about your best projects.
Be creative. It’s not bragging. In fact, we encourage it.
TIP: If you’re feeling particularly ambitious, begin thinking about the first few topics you’d be interested in writing about and why this would be useful to Simply Searched.